Titulo

The Interstellar


The Interstellar from Pakistan By Faisal Malik of 75Motorcycles

Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar” was the main inspiration for me before initiating the project followed by a built by Hookie Co from Germany. The idea was to create something which can hop from one galaxy to another, from one star to another; hence the name “Interstellar”! 

My hunt for a legitimate frame and engine started in October 2014. A dear friend Anas Khan who is an encyclopedia on motorcycles in Karachi, helped me identify a near match. I agreed to his choice but only under one condition that if he himself would supervise the built in terms of quality and performance, to which he agreed and the project took off.    


The motorcycle we selected was a stock 1979 Honda CB750K with a 1982 CB900F motor on it. It hadn’t been on the road for about 3 years and was leaning against a corner in a local workshop. We stripped it down until only the frame was left, and started to build it up again. The workshop selected to build “Interstellar” was ZMS (Zeeshan Motor Services) which is run by a young chap always ready to take on new challenges and full of passion. Anas and ZMS got really excited when I discussed my idea to convert the bike into a Cafe racer. “Yes, yes it’s time for me to build something like that!” Anas said to me after I gave him the reference idea.  After about 200+ hours of work and rework we finally got what we wished for. The “Interstellar” finished off as one of the most beautiful builds which was apparent by the appreciation it received from enthusiasts all over the world, specially for its finesse and raw features.



 

It took a lot of research and effort to source out various parts from around the globe. We made no compromise on quality and reliability of the machine which is in accordance with our guiding principle that: “Out in space Interstellar won’t have to worry about break downs and reliability”. 





This is my third transformed cafe racer and the most expensive one. In Pakistan there aren't many cafe racers around. Apart from my passion this is also an effort to promote the culture of café racers and customized motorcycles in our country. There were many who helped me fuel my passion into reality. The shoot for the bike was done at two amazing locations. One is the office of Mr. Javed Hassan and the other is the garage of my biker buddy, a BMW motorcycle enthusiast Farzand Shergill. 












The photography of “Interstellar was done by the creative Saqib Malik. The model is also a cafe racer fan and my good friend Farah Ali. My other builds and their details can be found on www.75motorcycles.weebly.com .












No comments

La libertà di opinione verrà rispettata sempre, nei limiti della legalità. Qualora si ravvisino commenti offensivi ovvero in violazione di una qualsiasi normativa in vigore, il commento verrà cancellato ma conservato (con il relativo indirizzo ip di pubblicazione) per una eventuale azione legale.

RocketGarage Design. Powered by Blogger.
google.com, pub-5748596377744039, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0